3 Things to Know This Week - The Homeplace Saga

 

3 Things to Know This Week

The Homeplace Saga

Thing 1


I’ve been wanting to create a new, modern character for this series that might become the central figure for a new prospective novel, working title “Aspirations.” I want to share some of my thinking about this character and get your feedback, but I also want to be careful not to promise too much, that will have to be changed later on…


The name of this lead character will be Quinn Weston. Born in about 1975, he would have been about 45 years old in 2020. While his paternal grandfather owned and operated the John Deere Dealership in Oak Springs in the mid-20th Century, Quinn himself is multi-ethnic, including Jewish, Latino, Black and Native America heritages. Of course, he is handsome and attractive to most women as well as men, he is also well educated and well spoken. He has aspirations. Will his extended family and friends support those aspirations?


Thing 2


I am preparing a PDF file of the first ten episodes of the Heather Gates series (there have been 38 episodes published on HubPages). She was a minor character, 5 years old, in the “Back to the Homeplace” first novel in the series. She played a somewhat expanded role in the subsequent novels set 9 years later, in 1996.


The first five episodes summarize the set of novels which span her next ten years, where we pick up her story. She then shares her observations of the happening in Oak Springs along with telling her story, her love of horses, her love of family. This file is around 13000 words that will be of interest whether or not you have read the novels. For those who have, this is a good refresher. For those who have not, you get to know the story and the people of this series.


Simply send me an email to: billsmith2003 at gmail.com with Subject: Heather Gates Stories and I will send you a free copy of the PDF file. Later on, with your continued interest, I’ll make the rest of the series similarly available. Thank you for your interest.


Thing 3

Since last week, I updated my personal photo image on Facebook and other online platforms. Here is the new image. I may look 82+, but that is what I am... accounts for my lack of speed in accomplishments these days. 


 *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Let me close this post, at this point, and save the rest for future posts. I look forward to receiving your email request for the Heather Gates stories...

I'll see you soon...

"May everyone have a Homeplace, if only in your mind."

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to the adventures of Quinn Weston. I'm particularly interested in the historical backstory connected with his diverse heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started the drafts of his four grandparents. Taking it slow and easy. Initial decisions made, names chosen... I'm interested in how they go, as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New for 2022

Something Old and Something New